Engineers in information technology sector make use of software, servers, computers, networks or technology to manage and store the available data in this specific field. This industry is well known for variety of job titles and its related functions. There are various popular positions that act as a quick guide in Information technology, some of them are mentioned below:
- Software engineer: The work of a software engineer basically includes designing and programming system level software that further includes database systems, embedded systems, operating systems and many more. It involves the client’s assessment and required solutions or systems. Their work task has to be completed in electronics or telecommunication companies most of the time. They should have the skills related to logical thinking, analysis, teamwork and attention to detail.
- System analyst – The main task of system analyst is to investigate and analyze different business problem and then design the information system that could provide feasible solutions, in response to request from business or customers. Usually, they gather requirements and identify the cost and time needed in the project implementation. It includes the combination of technical and business knowledge with a good understanding of people.
- Business analyst – They are considered as true midfielders that considers technology people, business managers and end users. They have to identify different opportunities for the improvement of both business operations and processes that can be used in information technology. The role of a business analyst is completely based on projects that begin with the analysis of customer’s needs, information gathering and documenting requirements with the project plan creation to design the resulting technology solutions.
- Technical support – These are the professional troubleshooters of the IT world. Many technical support specialists work for hardware manufacturers and suppliers solving the problems of business customers or consumers, but many work for end-user companies supporting, monitoring and maintaining workplace technology and responding to users’ requests for help.
- Network engineer – It is one of the more technically demanding IT jobs. Broadly speaking the role involves setting up, administering, maintaining and upgrading communication systems, local area networks and wide area networks for an organization. Network engineers are also responsible for security, data storage and disaster recovery strategies.
There are certain more roles that the information technology engineer has to possess that includes Technical Consultant, Technical Sales, Project Manager, Web Developer, Software tester and many more.